Friday 12 July 2013

Food Glorious Food

Now I've probably mentioned this once or twice, but food and I have quite a serious love affair going on... I'll try anything as long as it doesn't contain raisins or mushrooms really! So when I spied a gorgeous new cafe on Tynemouth's ever-popular Front Street, naturally I couldn't wait to check it out! 

Having booked myself this sunny Friday off work, I battled with other motorists for what seemed like Tynemouth's last parking space and skipped on over to Dil and the Bear. The stylish grey and white striped awning makes a fantastic first impression, and the gorgeous window display of cake stands and outdoor tables certainly entice you in... 


Once inside, you almost feel like you're in a long train carriage, the seating is along the exposed brick walls with little tables and benches. The interior is light, bright and seriously stylish. I loved the big clock on the wall, the array of cakestands and freshly baked goodies and smart blackboards. We took a seat in the first section and browsed the menu. 




I want my house to look like this! Two icy bottles of coke later (retro glass bottles - nice touch), we both opted for soup of the day which was butternut squash (£5).  Though the lunch menu isn't big, there's an inspiring array on offer, from the fish platter and steak sandwich with shallot butter and numerous vegetarian options. Though we were pressed for time today, i'll definitely be back for a coffee and try a slice of cake. 

The atmosphere inside was very relaxed and informal, and all the staff were lovely. Just before we left we noticed a couple beside us reading Living North's summer wedding guide which I worked on. They were planning their wedding at the beautiful Close House Hotel in Heddon-on-the-Wall. It was lovely to hear their kind comments and oohs and ahh's over my hard work, I left feeling rather famous and humming along to Dil and the Bear's easy breezy soundtrack. 

You can see more of the lovely Dil and the Bear on their facebook page, or say hello @Dilandthebear



No comments:

Post a Comment