Friday 8 November 2013

Baby, It’s Cold Outside


How do you feel about onesies?
If I’m entirely honest, my answer before I discovered The All In One Company was ‘hmm I'm not really bothered about them.’ Don’t get me wrong, I love being warm, but I thought it was a bit strange that people went outdoors in what is effectively a large baby-gro. That being said, my mam and I bought our first onesie as a joke Christmas present last year from Primark, turns out they came in pretty handy when our boiler decided to break and we had no heating for most of December! But all in all, my fetching dalmatian-style onesie was confined to the house.
Not my most fashionable look I have to say...
After receiving a PR email about the All In One Company, I have to say I began to look at onesies in a new light. 
The first thing that struck me about them was that they are a local company. Not only do they have a celebrity following, everything is handmade in Ashington, Northumberland by a team of skilled seamstresses, something which I’m very happy to support. I also liked the fact that you could design it yourself, meaning you no longer have to decide between a novelty dinosaur and dalmatian that is ten sizes too big. The company was founded by Kate Dawson in 2008 after she was unable to find all-in-ones for her kids on the high street. They make onesies for all ages and sizes, and everything is made to order so you can be sure your onesie will fit snugly. They’ve actually thought of everything - add a hood, ears, tails, feet, pockets and mittens. You can even add non-slip soles to the feet to prevent slips on smooth surfaces; kitchen floors (see, I told you they’d thought of everything).
The company’s eco credentials are good too – they donate off cuts of fabric to local schools and community projects so nothing is wasted. They’ve also been shortlisted for the Training Award and Apprenticeships Awards at the Northumberland Business Awards, so good luck to them!
The company invited me to design my own; confident they could change my mind, so I put them to the test!

To get started, simply choose whether you’d like a onesie for a man, woman or child.  Next, enter your individual measurements and choose your fabric. I have to say I struggled to choose a design there was just so many fabrics to pick from! It was a toss between the Cath Kidston-inspired strawberry print, a red and white Minnie Mouse polka dot ensemble or the very cool ‘Scandi-chic’ design I’d spied on their newsletter.
If you’re short on time or need a little inspiration then you can order a pre-designed onesie here
Maybe you fancy being the eye of the tiger?

Or a teddy bear?
I can honestly say that the quality, fit and whole experience of buying an All In One Company onesie is fantastic. Yes they're more expensive than the novelty high street onesies, but I tell you, it'll last forever. With the weather turning colder now is definitely the time to invest in a onesie for yourself or a loved one as a Christmas gift, it’s made from polar fleece and is SO warm. My favourite thing is the genius little extras like the ‘I-Poc-It’ to keep your ipod etc at hand and the option to have your name or a design embroidered on it. My onesie was made to order and came less than a week later. It fits so well and everyone I’ve shown it to loves it – I think I might have to order my mam one for Christmas!
What do you think?
I’d love to see your pictures of your designs, or why not share the post below to tell a friend about The All In One Company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment